Councilmember Trish Hanks
Councilmember Trish Hanks is serving in her second term. She was Mayor Pro Tem from July, 2020 until July 2021. After a career in education spanning 40 years, Trish retired in 2017 after serving 15 years as the Superintendent of the Friendswood Independent School District. She was a founding member of the Friendswood Education Foundation. Trish was an educator in many different capacities and was named Distinguished Educator in 2016 by Sam Houston State University. She continues to be a lifelong learner and has concentrated her learning lately on municipal government, where she received the 2019 Leadership Fellow Award by the Texas Municipal League’s Leadership Development Academy and in 2020 was invited to attend and completed the FBI Citizens Academy.
In 2017, Trish Hanks was elected by multiple cities and school districts to serve on the Galveston County Appraisal District Board and after being elected to the city council, chose not to continue in that capacity when her two-year term expired. She continues to serve on several boards at the regional and state level while she works part-time as a field supervisor for candidates seeking certification as school Superintendents.
Trish Hanks is a professional coach and has special interests in strategic planning, team building and data analysis. She is a member of the Mary Queen Catholic church. Trish and her husband Bruce have two children and four young grandchildren. Two of her grandchildren attend Friendswood schools. Trish feels blessed to live in Friendswood and is grateful and honored to continue to have the opportunity to serve the community. Trish enjoys her family, music, dancing, decorating, reading, traveling, and being with good company!
May 2021 - May 2024
Civic and Community Involvement
- Friendswood Community Prayer Breakfast, Member
- Friendswood Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Bay Area Alliance Advisory Board, Member
- Friendswood Rotary Club, Paul Harris Fellow
- Friend of the Friendswood Public Library
- 2019 Dances with the Stars Champion
- 2017 Grand Marshall of the Friendswood 4th of July Parade
City Council Committees
- Planning and Zoning Committee, Council Liaison
- Senior Citizens Committee, Council Liaison
- Friendswood Economic Development Committee, Former Council Liaison
- Keep Friendswood Beautiful Committee, Former Council Liaison
- Fourth of July Committee, Former Council Liaison