Information Technology (IT) is responsible for developing reliable, secure, innovative, and integrated technology solutions that are City organizational priorities and public needs driven. The IT Department provides the knowledge and resources to help all city departments solve business problems, collaborate with city departments, serve citizens effectively and move the city’s vision forward. IT provides timely and efficient systems support to all departments by maximizing technology related resources, maintaining a current standard of hardware and software, offering technical guidance, and strategic planning for future system solutions. IT continues to research a broad range of new services and technology projects where innovations are expected to improve service delivery or provide new or enhanced public services more efficiently. IT delivers EPIC (Excellent, Proactive, Impactful, Customer-focused) technology services to enhance the community experience. In support of the mission, we will:
• Partner with internal and external stakeholders to understand their information technology needs.
• Provide leadership and planning for the effective and strategic use of emerging technologies.
• Ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data.
• Demonstrate technical and operational excellence through a commitment to professionalism and continuous improvement.
• Maintain the highest level of protection of Information Technology assets and reduce overall threats.
Information Technology (IT) provides vision, leadership, strategic-planning and innovative technology that is secure, reliable, and integrated technology solutions that are aligned with the City’s strategic plan, while delivering excellence in customer service. Current services provided by the IT department include:
• Provide and support a secure centralized network, telephony, and computer technology.
• Support and maintain software applications and the data infrastructure enabling effective business analysis.
• Mitigate risk of loss to the city’s information and computer resources, and develop security policies and guidelines.