|Date:||August 17, 2017|
NOTICE OF A REGULAR MEETING OF THE CITY OF FRIENDSWOOD PLANNING AND ZONING COMMISSION, TO BE HELD THURSDAY, AUGUST 17, 2017, BEGINNING AT 7 PM, IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBERS AT CITY HALL LOCATED AT 910 S. FRIENDSWOOD DRIVE, FRIENDSWOOD, TEXAS
1. Call to order
2. Communication from the public/committee liaisons
To comply with provisions of the Open Meetings Act, the Commission may not deliberate on subjects discussed under this agenda item. However, the Commission may direct such subjects be placed on a later regular Commission agenda for discussion and/or possible action.
3. Consent agenda
These items are considered routine or ministerial in nature and will be enacted with one motion. There will be no separate discussion of items unless a commissioner or citizen so requests in which case the item would be removed from the consent agenda and considered separately.
a. Minutes from July 20, 2017 regular meeting
b. Minutes from August 7, 2017 special and regular meeting
c. Final Plat of Tannos Plaza 6
According to the Planning and Zoning Rules of Procedure (R2010-09), all action of the Commission shall be made by an affirmative vote of four (4) or more members of the Commission present at such Commission meetings.
4. Consideration and possible action regarding a zone classification change request for 4.372 acres being part of Lot 26 of Voss Subdivision, Howard Subdivision Reserve E (pending recordation) located at 1757 S. Friendswood Dr. (FM 518 and Leisure Lane), Friendswood, Galveston County, Texas, to change from Office Park District (OPD) to Community Shopping Center (CSC)
5. Consideration and possible action regarding appointments to the P&Z Liaison Schedule
6. Consideration and possible action regarding P&Z Subcommittee Assignments – Planning Subcommittee and Ordinance Subcommittee
7. Consideration and possible action regarding future Planning and Zoning Commission meeting dates
September 7 at 7pm – regular meeting
September 21 at 7pm - regular meeting
8. Communications from
Suggestions for future agenda items and general comments
b. Council liaison
No information at this time
July 2017 DRC Report
APA Conference in Frisco, TX; November 1-3, 2017
Aubrey Harbin, LEED AP
Deputy Director of Community Development/City Planner
This facility is wheelchair accessible and accessible parking spaces are available. Requests for accommodations or interpretative services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the City Secretary’s Office at (281) 996-3270 for further information.
I, Melinda Welsh, City Secretary of the City of Friendswood, do certify that the ABOVE NOTICE OF MEETING of the Friendswood Planning and Zoning Commission was posted in a place convenient to the general public in compliance with Chapter 551, Texas Government Code on the 14th day of August, 2017, at 4:45 PM.
Melinda Welsh, City Secretary
All meetings of the Planning & Zoning Commission are open to the public, except when there is a necessity to meet in an Executive Session (closed to the public) under the provisions of Section 551, Texas Government Code. The Planning & Zoning Commission reserves the right to convene into Executive Session to hear any of the above described agenda items that qualifies for an executive session by publicly announcing the applicable section number of the Open Meetings Act.