Planning & Zoning Commission
Meeting Agendas & Minutes
What are the current topics for this week's meeting? What agendas or minutes are available for the upcoming meeting? Get the latest information here.
Note: Minutes are available following approval.
When does Planning and Zoning Commission Meet?
Regular Meetings: 2nd and 4th Thursdays
Unless otherwise noted on the agenda, all meetings are held at City Hall at 7:00 p.m.
Friendswood City Hall
910 S Friendswood Drive
Friendswood, TX 77546
Duties & Responsibilities
The Planning and Zoning Commission shall submit recommendations to the City Council, after holding public hearings, on any change or amendment to any of the provisions of the Zoning Ordinance or the Zoning Districts Map; any request for a specific use permit or planned unit development; any change or amendment to the subdivision ordinance.
In public meetings, the Commission also reviews and approves commercial site plans, preliminary and final plats, and subdivision developments. The Commission may be required to meet outside scheduled meetings with the City Council, consultants, and developers on extensive community projects.
Capital Improvements Advisory Committee
This commission also acts in the capacity of the Capital Improvements Advisory Committee created by Section 395.058 of the Texas Local Government Code. In this capacity, the commission serves in advisory role to:
- Advise and assist the City Council in adopting land-use assumptions
- Review the capital improvements plan and file written comments
- Monitor and evaluate implementation of the capital improvements plan, and in other advisory areas pertaining to the capital improvements plan and impact fees
- 3 years, overlapping terms
- Director of Community Development/City Planner
- Development Coordinator