Friendswood PetSafe® Dog Park
To ensure a safe and fun experience for both human and dogs, please familiarize yourself with the rules listed below. Be aware that you are using this dog park at your own risk. Failing to abide by these rules may result in a loss of park privileges and or a citation.
Dog Park Rules
- All owners must be able to provide proof of their dog’s registration with the city in which they reside.
- All dogs must be up-to-date on all required vaccinations and should be healthy, free of contagious diseases, and parasites.
- Dogs must wear current license tags in dog park.
- Dogs must be leashed upon entering and leaving the dog park.
- Dog owners/handlers must carry a leash with them at all times while in the dog park.
- Dogs with known history of dangerous behavior are prohibited. If your dog becomes aggressive you must immediately leave the dog park.
- Owners must be in verbal and sight controls of their dogs at all times and prevent aggressive behavior. Never leave your dog unattended.
- All dogs must be spayed or neutered.
- Limit of 2 dogs per person 16 years of age or older.
- No puppies under 4 months old.
- Children under 12 are NOT permitted in the park. It is strongly urged that young children not be brought to the park for their own safety
- Dog owners are responsible for picking up and disposing of their dog’s waste.
- No food/treats (dog or human) allowed in the dog park.
- No glass containers or bottles allowed in the dog park.
- No smoking in the dog park.
- No bicycles, skateboards, roller blades or motorized vehicles allowed in the dog park.
- No running, shouting, chasing, or petting other dogs without the owner’s permission.
- Owners are liable for any damage or injury inflicted by their dogs. The City of Friendswood is not liable for any injuries in the dog park.
- Use of this dog park is at your own risk
- This is a dog park. All other types of animals are prohibited.
Friendswood Parks and Recreation relies on dog owners to be responsible and respectful of the rules and each other. The city depends on the park’s patrons to ensure that these rules are being followed. Offenders may receive a citation and could be denied the use of the park. Please work together to make the park a safe and an enjoyable place for everyone.