Court Online Payments
- Your internet payment will be received by the Friendswood Municipal Court the following business day. Your payment must be received by your due date to avoid additional fees or issuance of a warrant.
- If you have an active warrant, your warrant will remain outstanding until the court receives your internet payment on the following business day.
- To pay online, visit our Municipal Court Payment website.
- Arraignment settings are held every Wednesday at 6:30 pm and periodically at 8:30 am.
- Pre-trial hearings and Bench Trials are held on the 2nd Wednesday morning beginning at 8:30 am.
- Jury Trials are scheduled once per quarter on the 5th Wednesday in the evening.
When a citation is issued, a court date is noted on the citation. You and/or your attorney may appear in person in open court, by mail, or you may make an appearance in person at the court facility. Action must be taken on or before the court date to avoid further charges for failure to appear. When you make your first appearance by mail, the court must receive your plea before your scheduled appearance date.
Minors with Alcohol Charges
Juveniles and minors with alcohol charges have a separate set of rules for their appearance. Please read the specific section on juveniles.
Your first appearance is to determine your plea:
- If you plead guilty or no contendere, you must also waive your right to trial.
- If you plead not guilty, the court will schedule a pre-trial conference.
- These hearings are scheduled on the second Wednesday of every month.
Conduct/Dress Code for All Court Appearances
- No Weapons
- Halter tops
- Other inappropriate attire
- No food, drink, gum
- No cell phones or pagers
- No audio/video recordings
- No newspapers
All persons and packages subject to search.
Penal Code 42.05
A person who intentionally prevents, interferes with or disrupts a lawful meeting by physical action or verbal utterance commits a Class B misdemeanor punishable by fine and jail.