Planning and Zoning Meeting
|Date:||July 21, 2016|
NOTICE OF A REGULAR MEETING OF THE CITY OF FRIENDSWOOD PLANNING AND ZONING COMMISSION, TO BE HELD THURSDAY, JULY 21, 2016, BEGINNING AT 7 PM, IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBERS LOCATED AT 910 S. FRIENDSWOOD DRIVE, FRIENDSWOOD, TEXAS
1. Call to order
2. Communication from the public/committee liaisons
(To comply with provisions of the Open Meetings Act, the Commission may not deliberate on subjects discussed under this agenda item. However, the Commission may direct such subjects be placed on a later regular Commission agenda for discussion and/or possible action.)
3. Consent Agenda
A. Approval of the minutes for the meeting held:
1) July 11, 2016
4. Consideration and possible action regarding the final plat of Arbor Gate at West Ranch Section 2 being a subdivision of 16.58 acres of land located in the John Dickenson Survey, Abstract No. 9 City of Friendswood, Galveston County Texas
5. Consideration and possible action regarding the final plat of Arbor Gate at West Ranch Section 5 being a subdivision of 7.545 acres of land located in the John Dickinson Survey, Abstract No. 9 City of Friendswood, Galveston County Texas
6. Consideration and possible action regarding the site plan approval for Tannos II ( 2 buildings) to be located at 802 and 804 S. Friendswood Dr. **Item was tabled at the July 11, 2016 meeting**
7. Consideration and possible action regarding site plan approval for The Beldon Senior Apartments (PUD Ord. 2014-20) to be located at 601 N. Friendswood Dr.
8. Consideration and possible action regarding a site plan amendment for Fountain Plaza located at 2111 W. Parkwood Ave.
9. Consideration and possible action regarding proposed changes to Appendix C Zoning Ordinance Section 8.B. Fences, walls and hedges and Section 20. Definitions II. Fences **Item was tabled at the July 11, 2016 meeting**
10. Update from the Subcommittee regarding Large Retail Uses
11. Consideration and possible action regarding future Planning and Zoning Commission meeting dates
12. Communications from the Commission
A. Council Liaison
Aubrey Harbin, LEED AP
This facility is wheelchair accessible and accessible parking spaces are available. Requests for accommodations or interpretative services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the City Secretary’s Office at (281) 996-3270 for further information.
I, Melinda Welsh, City Secretary of the City of Friendswood, do certify that the ABOVE NOTICE OF MEETING of the Friendswood Planning and Zoning Commission was posted in a place convenient to the general public in compliance with Chapter 551, Texas Government Code on the 18th day of July, 2016, at 2:30 PM.
Melinda Welsh, City Secretary
All meetings of the Planning & Zoning Commission are open to the public, except when there is a necessity to meet in an Executive Session (closed to the public) under the provisions of Section 551, Texas Government Code. The Planning & Zoning Commission reserves the right to convene into Executive Session to hear any of the above described agenda items that qualifies for an executive session by publicly announcing the applicable section number of the Open Meetings Act.