Planning and Zoning Committee Meeting
|Date:||March 24, 2016|
NOTICE OF A REGULAR MEETING OF THE CITY OF FRIENDSWOOD PLANNING AND ZONING COMMISSION, TO BE HELD THURSDAY, MARCH 24, 2016, BEGINNING AT 7 PM, IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBERS AT CITY HALL LOCATED AT 910 S. FRIENDSWOOD DRIVE, FRIENDSWOOD, TEXAS
1. Call to order
2. Communication from the public/committee liaisons
(To comply with provisions of the Open Meetings Act, the Commission may not deliberate on subjects discussed under this agenda item. However, the Commission may direct such subjects be placed on a later regular Commission agenda for discussion and/or possible action.)
3. Consent Agenda
A. Approval of the minutes for the meeting held:
1) March 7, 2016
4. Consideration and possible action regarding the zone classification change request of 262.15 acres from Single Family Residential (SFR) and Multi-Family Residential-Medium (MFR-M) to Planned Unit Development (PUD) (Friendswood Trails) and 2.238 acres from Multi-Family Residential-Medium Density (MFR-M) to Neighborhood Commercial (NC), property commonly known as the old Sunmeadow Golf Course, being nine tracts of land situated in the William Henry Survey, A-84 & the Mary Sloan Survey, A-184 Galveston County, Texas, and the R.A. Magee Survey, A-349 & the H. Stevens Survey, A-595, Brazoria County, Texas
5. Consideration and possible action regarding the site plan Fire Station #1 to be located at 1610 Whitaker Dr. (behind the Public Safety Building)
6. Consideration and possible action regarding the site plan amendment for Fire Station 4 located at 111 Woodlawn Dr.
7. Consideration and possible action regarding the Preliminary Plat of Friendswood Mary’s Creek, 13.3586 acres being out of Lot 5, Hoidale and Coffman Subdivision (Vol. 215, pg. 394) transferred to (Plat Record 14, Map Number 48 G.C.M.R.) and being out of Perry & Austin League, Abstract 20 Friendswood, Galveston County, Texas
8. Consideration and possible action regarding proposed amendments to Appendix C Zoning Ordinance Section 8. N. Downtown District 4. Architectural standards
9. Update from the Subcommittee regarding a possible ordinance amendment and a recommendation to City Council regarding whether or not to require a Specific Use Permit for retail uses 100,000 square feet or larger
10. Consideration and possible action regarding electing a new vice chairperson
11. Consideration and possible action regarding future Planning and Zoning Commission meeting dates
12. Communications from the Commission
A. Council Liaison
Aubrey Harbin, LEED AP
This facility is wheelchair accessible and accessible parking spaces are available. Requests for accommodations or interpretative services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the City Secretary’s Office at (281) 996-3270 for further information.
I, Melinda Welsh, City Secretary of the City of Friendswood, do certify that the ABOVE NOTICE OF MEETING of the Friendswood Planning and Zoning Commission was posted in a place convenient to the general public in compliance with Chapter 551, Texas Government Code on the 21st day of March, 2016, at 2:30 PM.
Melinda Welsh, City Secretary
All meetings of the Planning & Zoning Commission are open to the public, except when there is a necessity to meet in an Executive Session (closed to the public) under the provisions of Section 551, Texas Government Code. The Planning & Zoning Commission reserves the right to convene into Executive Session to hear any of the above described agenda items that qualifies for an executive session by publicly announcing the applicable section number of the Open Meetings Act.