Planning and Zoning Commission Meeting
|Date:||February 18, 2016|
NOTICE OF A REGULAR MEETING OF THE CITY OF FRIENDSWOOD PLANNING AND ZONING COMMISSION, TO BE HELD THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 18, 2016, BEGINNING AT 7 PM, IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBERS AT CITY HALL LOCATED AT 910 S. FRIENDSWOOD DRIVE, FRIENDSWOOD, TEXAS
1. Call to order
2. Communication from the public/committee liaisons
(To comply with provisions of the Open Meetings Act, the Commission may not deliberate on subjects discussed under this agenda item. However, the Commission may direct such subjects be placed on a later regular Commission agenda for discussion and/or possible action.)
3. Consent Agenda
A. Approval of the minutes for the meeting held:
1) February 1, 2016
4. Consideration and possible action regarding the Final plat of Willowick Estates, a plat of .959 acres being Lots 3, 4, 23, and 24 of Unrecorded Hoover Subdivision, in the Sarah McKissick League, Abstract 151, Galveston County, Texas
5. Consideration and possible action regarding the Final Plat of Friendswood Complex, a tract of 1.666 acres of land, Lot 2 and 3, in the Harvey and Stout Subdivision of Lots 6, 7 and 8 inclusive, in Block 2 of Friendswood Subdivision, Galveston County, Texas, being recorded in Volume 315, Page 79, of the County Deed Records in the Office of the County Clerk of Galveston County, Texas
6. Consideration and possible action regarding a recommendation to extend the Specific Use Permit for Tires By Design to be located at 3516 FM 528 (Ordinance 2014-13)
7. Consideration and possible action regarding a recommendation to City Council regarding a Personal Care Facility to be located at 505 N. Clear Creek Dr.
8. Consideration and possible action regarding a site plan amendment for Towne Square located at 3700 FM 528 – shared parking proposal
9. Consideration and possible action regarding proposed amendments to Appendix C Zoning Ordinance Section 8. N. Downtown District 4. Architectural standards
10. Update from the Subcommittee regarding a possible ordinance amendment and a recommendation to City Council regarding whether or not to require a Specific Use Permit for retail uses 100,000 square feet or larger
11. Consideration and possible action regarding future Planning and Zoning Commission meeting dates
12. Communications from the Commission
A. Council Liaison
Aubrey Harbin, LEED AP
This facility is wheelchair accessible and accessible parking spaces are available. Requests for accommodations or interpretative services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the City Secretary’s Office at (281) 996-3270 for further information.
I, Melinda Welsh, City Secretary of the City of Friendswood, do certify that the ABOVE NOTICE OF MEETING of the Friendswood Planning and Zoning Commission was posted in a place convenient to the general public in compliance with Chapter 551, Texas Government Code on the 11th day of February, 2016, at 4:30 pm.
Melinda Welsh, City Secretary
All meetings of the Planning & Zoning Commission are open to the public, except when there is a necessity to meet in an Executive Session (closed to the public) under the provisions of Section 551, Texas Government Code. The Planning & Zoning Commission reserves the right to convene into Executive Session to hear any of the above described agenda items that qualifies for an executive session by publicly announcing the applicable section number of the Open Meetings Act.