11-17-2015 ZBOA Agenda
|Date:||November 17, 2015|
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN OF A REGULAR MEETING OF THE FRIENDSWOOD ZONING BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT TO BE HELD ON TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 17, 2015, AT 7:00 PM AT FRIENDSWOOD CITY HALL COUNCIL CHAMBERS, 910 S. FRIENDSWOOD DRIVE, FRIENDSWOOD, TEXAS
1. Call to order
2. Update from staff regarding duties and responsibilities of the Zoning Board of Adjustments
3. The Board will conduct a public hearing and consider a request to allow a carport to encroach the front building line by 9 feet at 505 Brandywyne Dr., also known as the southwest 20.5 feet of lot twenty-four (24) and the northeast 44.5 feet of lot twenty-five (25), in Block Five (5), of Annalea Kingspark, Section "B" and Whitehall Section "b", A subdivision in Friendswood, Galveston County, Texas, according to the map or plat thereof recorded in Volume 1616, Page 100 and transferred to plat record 1, Map No. 15 of the Map Records of Galveston County, Texas:
A. Staff Presentation
B. Applicant Presentation
C. Public Comments
D. Consideration of Evidence by Board
1) A variance from Appendix C - Zoning Ordinance, Section 7.Q.2.
2) A special exception to Appendix C - Zoning Ordinance, Section 7.Q.2.
3) An appeal to Appendix C - Zoning Ordinance, Section 7.Q.2.
4. Consideration and possible action regarding approval of minutes for the:
A. October 27, 2015 regular meeting
5. Comments from Board Members
6. Staff and/or Council or Board Liaison Reports
Aubrey Harbin, City Planner
This facility is wheelchair accessible and accessible parking spaces are available. Request for accommodations or interpretive services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the City Secretary’s Office at (281) 996-3270 for further information.2
I certify that the above Notice of Meeting of the Friendswood Zoning Board of Adjustment was posted in a place convenient to the general public and compliance with Chapter 551, Texas Government Code, on the November 13, 2015 at 9:15 AM.
All meetings of the Zoning Board of Adjustment and Building and Standards Commission are open to the public, except when there is a necessity to meet in an Executive Session (closed to the public) under the provisions of Section 551, Texas Government Code. The Zoning Board of Adjustment and Building and Standards Commission reserves the right to convene into Executive Session to hear any of the above described agenda items that qualifies for an executive session by publicly announcing the applicable section number of the Open Meetings Act