Planning and Zoning Commission Meeting
|Date:||September 17, 2015|
NOTICE OF A REGULAR MEETING OF THE CITY OF FRIENDSWOOD PLANNING AND ZONING COMMISSION, TO BE HELD THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 17, 2015, BEGINNING AT 7 PM, IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBERS OF CITY HALL LOCATED AT 910 S. FRIENDSWOOD DRIVE, FRIENDSWOOD, TEXAS
1. Call to order
2. Communication from the public/committee liaisons
(To comply with provisions of the Open Meetings Act, the Commission may not deliberate on subjects discussed under this agenda item. However, the Commission may direct such subjects be placed on a later regular Commission agenda for discussion and/or possible action.)
3. Consent Agenda
A. Approval of the minutes for the meeting held:
1) September 3, 2015
4. Consideration and possible action regarding the Final Plat of Arbor Gate at West Ranch Section 3, a Private Street Subdivision, being a subdivision of 34.79 acres of land located in the John Dickinson Survey, A-9 Galveston County, Texas, also being a portion of Lots 99 through 104, Lot 121, Lot 125 and Lots 139 through 142 and all of Lots 122 through 124, all of the Slone Subdivision, a subdivision per plan recorded under Volume 3, Page 61A (Volume 254A, Pg. 6) of the Galveston County Map Records (G.C.M.R.), City of Friendswood, Galveston County, Texas
5. Consideration and possible action regarding the site plan at 1625 Friendswood Lakes Blvd. for Bushi Ban International Martial Arts and Fitness
6. Consideration and possible action regarding proposed amendments to Friendswood Code of Ordinances, Chapter 70, Section 70-64. Sidewalks Required; and Appendix B, Subdivision Ordinance, Section III. k. 3. Sidewalks. to remove exception from sidewalk requirement for residential lots 120 feet wide or greater and Appendix C, Zoning Ordinance, Section 7.Q.2. Residential Regulation Matrix to discontinue allowance of new open ditch streets
7. Consideration and possible action regarding sidewalks and/or providing a recommendation to City Council regarding the Capital Improvements Program (CIP)
8. Consideration and possible action regarding Downtown District Amenities
9. Discussion regarding the 2015 P&Z Liaison Schedule appointments
10. Consideration and possible action regarding future Planning and Zoning Commission meeting dates
11. Communications from the Commissioners/P&Z Liaisons
A. Council Liaison
Aubrey Harbin, LEED AP
This facility is wheelchair accessible and accessible parking spaces are available. Requests for accommodations or interpretative services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the City Secretary’s Office at (281) 996-3270 for further information.
I, Melinda Welsh, City Secretary of the City of Friendswood, do certify that the ABOVE NOTICE OF MEETING of the Friendswood Planning and Zoning Commission was posted in a place convenient to the general public in compliance with Chapter 551, Texas Government Code on the 14th day of September 2015, at 2:10 PM.
Melinda Welsh, City Secretary
All meetings of the Planning & Zoning Commission are open to the public, except when there is a necessity to meet in an Executive Session (closed to the public) under the provisions of Section 551, Texas Government Code. The Planning & Zoning Commission reserves the right to convene into Executive Session to hear any of the above described agenda items that qualifies for an executive session by publicly announcing the applicable section number of the Open Meetings Act.