Planning and Zoning Commission Meeting
|Date:||June 1, 2015|
NOTICE OF A SPECIAL AND REGULAR MEETING OF THE CITY OF FRIENDSWOOD PLANNING AND ZONING COMMISSION, TO BE HELD MONDAY, JUNE 1, 2015, BEGINNING AT 7 PM, IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBERS AT CITY HALL LOCATED AT 910 S. FRIENDSWOOD DRIVE, FRIENDSWOOD, TEXAS
JOINT PUBLIC HEARING (at 7pm – Council Chambers)
1. Call to order
2. Receive comments from the public, both oral and written, regarding:
A. A zone classification change request for a tract of land containing 1.446 acres in the Sarah McKissick Survey, Abstract 151, property located at 307 and 313 E. Edgewood Drive, Galveston County, change from Planned Unit Developments (Ordinances 1995-01, 1995-08) and Specific Use Permits (Ordinances 1995-09, 2001-04, 2011-18 and 2013-05) to Planned Unit Development (new).
REGULAR MEETING (2nd Floor Conference Room immediately following JPH)
1. Call to order
2. Communication from the public/committee liaisons
(To comply with provisions of the Open Meetings Act, the Commission may not deliberate on subjects discussed under this agenda item. However, the Commission may direct such subjects be placed on a later regular Commission agenda for discussion and/or possible action.)
3. Consent Agenda
A. Approval of the minutes for the meeting held:
1) May 21, 2015
4. Consideration and possible action regarding the a zone classification change request for a tract of land containing 1.446 acres in the Sarah McKissick Survey, Abstract 151, property located at 307 and 313 E. Edgewood Drive, Galveston County, change from Planned Unit Developments (Ordinances 1995-01, 1995-08) and Specific Use Permits (Ordinances 1995-09, 2001-04, 2011-18 and 2013-05) to Planned Unit Development (new).
5. Consideration and possible action regarding site plan approval for 2910 W. Parkwood Ave. for City of Friendswood Sports Park Improvements
6. Consideration and possible action regarding site plan amendment for 1788 S. Friendswood Dr. for Masa Sushi development to amend their site plan by opting to pay into the sidewalk fund for the required 4-foot sidewalk on Hunters Ln. 2
7. Consideration and possible action regarding electing a new chairman and possibly vice chairman (Item tabled May 21, 2015)
8. Consideration and possible action regarding future Planning and Zoning Commission meeting dates
9. Communications from the Commission
A. Council Liaison
Aubrey Harbin, LEED AP
This facility is wheelchair accessible and accessible parking spaces are available. Requests for accommodations or interpretative services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the City Secretary’s Office at (281) 996-3270 for further information.
I, Melinda Welsh, City Secretary of the City of Friendswood, do certify that the ABOVE NOTICE OF MEETING of the Friendswood Planning and Zoning Commission was posted in a place convenient to the general public in compliance with Chapter 551, Texas Government Code on the 28th day of May, 2015, at 2:15 PM.
Melinda Welsh, City Secretary
All meetings of the Planning & Zoning Commission are open to the public, except when there is a necessity to meet in an Executive Session (closed to the public) under the provisions of Section 551, Texas Government Code. The Planning & Zoning Commission reserves the right to convene into Executive Session to hear any of the above described agenda items that qualifies for an executive session by publicly announcing the applicable section number of the Open Meetings Act.