PLANNING AND ZONING COMMISSION
|Date:||September 8, 2014|
NOTICE OF A SPECIAL AND REGULAR MEETING OF THE CITY OF FRIENDSWOOD PLANNING AND ZONING COMMISSION, TO BE HELD MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 8, 2014, BEGINNING AT 7:00 PM, IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBERS AND THEREAFTER IN THE 2ND FLOOR CONFERENCE ROOM OF CITY HALL LOCATED AT 910 S. FRIENDSWOOD DRIVE, FRIENDSWOOD, TEXAS
JOINT PUBLIC HEARING – 7pm in the Council Chambers
1. Call to order
2. Receive comments from the public, both oral and written, regarding:
A. A request for a zone classification change from Downtown District (DD) to Planned Unit Development (PUD) at 110 E. Willowick Ave.
B. A request for a zone classification change from Multi-Family Residential – High Density (MFR-H) to Multi-Family Residential – High Density/Specific Use Permit (SUP) to allow NAICS Use#6111 Elementary and Secondary Schools at 5000 Watkins Way
REGULAR MEETING – 2nd Floor Conference Room immediately following the JPH
1. Call to order
2. Communication from the public/committee liaisons
(To comply with provisions of the Open Meetings Act, the Commission may not deliberate on subjects discussed under this agenda item. However, the Commission may direct such subjects be placed on a later regular Commission agenda for discussion and/or possible action.)
3. Consent Agenda
A. Approval of the minutes for the meeting held:
1) August 21, 2014
4. Consideration and possible action regarding a request for a zone classification change from Downtown District (DD) to Planned Unit Development (PUD) at 110 E. Willowick Ave.
5. Consideration and possible action regarding a request for a zone classification change from Multi-Family Residential – High Density (MFR-H) to Multi-Family Residential – High Density/Specific Use Permit (SUP) to allow NAICS Use#6111 Elementary and Secondary Schools at 5000 Watkins Way
6. Consideration and possible action regarding future Planning and Zoning Commission meeting dates
7. Communications from the Commission
A. Council Liaison
Aubrey Harbin, LEED AP
This facility is wheelchair accessible and accessible parking spaces are available. Requests for accommodations or interpretative services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the City Secretary’s Office at (281) 996-3270 for further information.
I, Melinda Welsh, City Secretary of the City of Friendswood, do certify that the ABOVE NOTICE OF MEETING of the Friendswood Planning and Zoning Commission was posted in a place convenient to the general public in compliance with Chapter 551, Texas Government Code on the 4th day of September, 2014, at 3:15 PM.
Melinda Welsh, City Secretary
All meetings of the Planning & Zoning Commission are open to the public, except when there is a necessity to meet in an Executive Session (closed to the public) under the provisions of Section 551, Texas Government Code. The Planning & Zoning Commission reserves the right to convene into Executive Session to hear any of the above described agenda items that qualifies for an executive session by publicly announcing the applicable section number of the Open Meetings Act.