City Council Meeting
|Date:||August 18, 2014|
910 S. Friendswood Drive
Friendswood, TX 77546
STATE OF TEXAS )(
CITY OF FRIENDSWOOD )(
COUNTIES OF GALVESTON/HARRIS )(
AUGUST 18, 2014 )(
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN OF A FRIENDSWOOD CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING TO BE HELD AT 5:30 PM ON MONDAY, AUGUST 18, 2014, AT FRIENDSWOOD CITY HALL, COUNCIL CHAMBERS, 910 S. FRIENDSWOOD DRIVE, FRIENDSWOOD, TEXAS, REGARDING THE ITEMS OF BUSINESS ACCORDING TO THE AGENDA LISTED BELOW:
5:30 PM – REGULAR MEETING
1. Call to order
2. Invocation – Pastor David Bridges, Friendswood Friends Church
3. Pledge of Allegiance – United States and Texas (HONOR THE TEXAS FLAG; I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THEE, TEXAS, ONE STATE UNDER GOD, ONE AND INDIVISIBLE)
4. Communications from the Public
(To comply with provisions of the Open Meetings Act, the City Council may not deliberate on items discussed under this agenda item. The Council may refer this item to the City Manager or direct this item to be placed on the next regular Council agenda. PowerPoint presentations are not conducted during the citizen comment period)
RECESS THE CITY COUNCIL MEETING
CONVENE A MEETING OF THE CITY OF FRIENDSWOOD EMPLOYEE BENEFIT TRUST PER THE POSTED AGENDA
ADJOURN THE CITY OF FRIENDSWOOD EMPLOYEE BENEFIT TRUST MEETING
RECONVENE THE CITY COUNCIL MEETING
5. Discussion and possible action regarding authorizing the monthly transfer of funds from the City of Friendswood to the City of Friendswood Employee Benefit Trust.
6. Discussion and possible action regarding concurrence with the City Manager’s appointment of Director of Public Works.
7. Discussion and possible action regarding approving an appointment to fill a vacancy on the Planning and Zoning Commission.
8. Communications from the Mayor and Councilmembers
This facility is wheelchair accessible and accessible parking spaces are available. Requests for accommodations or interpretive service must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the City Secretary's Office at (281) 996-3270 for further information.
I, MELINDA WELSH, CITY SECRETARY OF THE CITY OF FRIENDSWOOD DO HEREBY CERTIFY THAT THE ABOVE NOTICE OF MEETING OF THE FRIENDSWOOD CITY COUNCIL WAS POSTED IN A PLACE CONVENIENT TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC IN COMPLIANCE WITH CHAPTER 551, TEXAS GOVERNMENT CODE, ON AUGUST 14, 2014, AT 1:00 PM.
MELINDA WELSH, TRMC
**All meetings of City Council are open to the public, except when there is a necessity to meet in an Executive Session (closed to the public) under the provisions of Section 551, Texas Government Code. The City Council reserves the right to convene into Executive Session to hear any of the above described agenda items that qualify for an executive session by publicly announcing the applicable section number of the Open Meetings Act.