Planning and Zoning Commission Meeting
|Date:||June 2, 2014|
AMENDED (changed meeting time) NOTICE OF A SPECIAL AND REGULAR MEETING OF THE CITY OF FRIENDSWOOD PLANNING AND ZONING COMMISSION, TO BE HELD MONDAY, JUNE 2, 2014, BEGINNING AT 5 PM, IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBERS AND THEREAFTER IN THE 2ND FLOOR CONFERENCE ROOM OF CITY HALL LOCATED AT 910 S. FRIENDSWOOD DRIVE, FRIENDSWOOD, TEXAS
JOINT WORK SESSION – 5pm in the Council Chambers
1. Call to order
2. Discussion regarding Appendix C, Zoning Ordinance Section 8. N. Downtown District Supplemental Requirements and Section 6. Non-conforming Uses, Structures and Lots
REGULAR MEETING – 2nd Floor Conference Room immediately following the JWS
1. Call to order
2. Communication from the public/committee liaisons
(To comply with provisions of the Open Meetings Act, the Commission may not deliberate on subjects discussed under this agenda item. However, the Commission may direct such subjects be placed on a later regular Commission agenda for discussion and/or possible action.)
3. Consent Agenda
A. Approval of the minutes for the meeting held:
1) May 22, 2014
4. Consideration and possible action regarding the Friendswood Place Preliminary Plat being a subdivision of 18.703 acres of land being a portion of Lot 1, Berean Baptist Subdivision, Volume 18, Page 202, G.C.M.R. and out of lots 10-12 of Burgess Subdivision, Book 119 Page 14, G.C.M.R. and located in the George W. Peterson Survey No. 6, Abstract No. 645, City of Friendswood, Galveston County, Texas
5. Consideration and possible action regarding a site plan for Friendswood Professional Building A to be located at 215 W. Edgewood Dr.
6. Consideration and possible action regarding a site plan for Pro-Surv Professional Office Building located at 211 Laurel Dr.
7. Consideration and possible action regarding Appendix C, Zoning Ordinance Section 8. N. Downtown District Supplemental Requirements and Section 6. Non-conforming Uses, Structures and Lots
8. Consideration and possible action regarding future Planning and Zoning Commission meeting dates
9. Communications from the Commission
A. Council Liaison
Aubrey Harbin, LEED AP
This facility is wheelchair accessible and accessible parking spaces are available. Requests for accommodations or interpretative services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the City Secretary’s Office at (281) 996-3270 for further information.
I, Melinda Welsh, City Secretary of the City of Friendswood, do certify that the ABOVE NOTICE OF MEETING of the Friendswood Planning and Zoning Commission was posted in a place convenient to the general public in compliance with Chapter 551, Texas Government Code on the 29th day of May, 2014, at 11:20 AM.
Melinda Welsh, City Secretary
All meetings of the Planning & Zoning Commission are open to the public, except when there is a necessity to meet in an Executive Session (closed to the public) under the provisions of Section 551, Texas Government Code. The Planning & Zoning Commission reserves the right to convene into Executive Session to hear any of the above described agenda items that qualifies for an executive session by publicly announcing the applicable section number of the Open Meetings Act.