|Date:||September 20, 2012|
NOTICE OF A REGULAR MEETING OF THE CITY OF FRIENDSWOOD PLANNING AND ZONING COMMISSION, TO BE HELD THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, 2012, BEGINNING AT 7:00 PM, IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBERS OF CITY HALL, LOCATED AT 910 S. FRIENDSWOOD DRIVE, FRIENDSWOOD, TEXAS;
1. Call to order
2. Communication from the public/committee liaisons
(To comply with provisions of the Open Meetings Act, the Commission may not deliberate on subjects discussed under this agenda item. However, the Commission may direct such subjects be placed on a later regular Commission agenda for discussion and/or possible action.)
3. Consent Agenda:
A. Approval of minutes for the:
1) September 10, 2012 regular meeting
4. Consideration and possible action regarding the final plat of Corder’s Corner, being 1.018 acres out of Lots 49 and 50, and part of a 60’ private road adjoining said Lot 50, of the Voss Subdivision, according to the map or plat thereof recorded in Volume 254-A, Page 9 in the Office of the County Clerk; and situated in the Sarah McKissick League, Abstract 151, Galveston County, Texas
5. Consideration and possible action regarding possible amendments to the Sign Ordinance as per Keep Friendswood Beautiful’s suggestions regarding political signs
6. Consideration and possible action regarding possible amendments to Appendix B – Subdivision Ordinance, Section IV. Parkland dedication and Appendix D – Fees, to include Parkland Dedication Fees
7. Consideration and possible action regarding possible amendments to Appendix C – Zoning Ordinance, Section 8.N, Downtown District supplemental requirements and the Design Criteria Manual, Appendix E Downtown District Amenities
8. Discussion regarding proposed amendments to Appendix C – Zoning Ordinance, Sections 8 through 18, as a part of the entire Zoning Ordinance rewrite
9. Consideration and possible action regarding future Planning and Zoning Commission meeting dates
10. Communications from the Commission
A. Council Liaison
Mona Ann Miller, Planner
This facility is wheelchair accessible and accessible parking spaces are available. Requests for accommodations or interpretative services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the City Secretary’s Office at (281) 996-3270 for further information.
I, Melinda Welsh, City Secretary of the City of Friendswood, do certify that the ABOVE NOTICE OF MEETING of the Friendswood Planning and Zoning Commission was posted in a place convenient to the general public in compliance with Chapter 551, Texas Government Code on the 17th day of September, 2012 at 1:00 p.m.
Melinda Welsh, City Secretary
All meetings of the Planning & Zoning Commission are open to the public, except when there is a necessity to meet in an Executive Session (closed to the public) under the provisions of Section 551, Texas Government Code. The Planning & Zoning Commission reserves the right to convene into Executive Session to hear any of the above described agenda items that qualifies for an executive session by publicly announcing the applicable section number of the Open Meetings Act.