29th Annual National Night Out set for October 2, 2012
|Date:||August 23, 2012|
The "29th Annual National Night Out" (NNO), a unique crime/drug prevention event sponsored by the National Association of Town Watch(NATW), has been scheduled for October 2nd, 2012. We cordially invite you and your community to be a part of our NIGHT OUT 2012.
Last year's National Night Out campaign involved citizens, law enforcement agencies, civic groups, businesses, neighborhood organizations and local officials from over 15,000 communities from all 50 states, U.S. territories, Canadian cities and military bases worldwide. In all, over 37 million people participated in National Night Out 2011.
NATIONAL NIGHT OUT is designed to:
* Heighten crime and drug prevention awareness;
* Generate support for, and participation in, local anticrime programs;
* Strengthen neighborhood spirit and police-community partnerships; and
* Send a message to criminals letting them know that neighborhoods are organized and fighting back.
We hope that you and your neighborhood will join in this community gathering event. As your local police department, we would like to offer you our services. If you are interested in having an officer stop by and talk please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the following in your reply:
* Name of Subdivision
* Location and time of event
* Number of people estimated to attend
* Your name and a contact number.