Planning and Zoning Commission Meeting
|Date:||October 17, 2013|
NOTICE OF A REGULAR MEETING OF THE CITY OF FRIENDSWOOD PLANNING AND ZONING COMMISSION, TO BE HELD THURSDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2013, BEGINNING AT 7 PM, IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBERS OF CITY HALL, LOCATED AT 910 S. FRIENDSWOOD DRIVE, FRIENDSWOOD, TEXAS
1. Call to order
2. Communication from the public/committee liaisons
(To comply with provisions of the Open Meetings Act, the Commission may not deliberate on subjects discussed under this agenda item. However, the Commission may direct such subjects be placed on a later regular Commission agenda for discussion and/or possible action.)
3. Consent Agenda
A. Approval of the minutes for the meeting held:
1) October 7, 2013
4. Consideration and possible action regarding a request for a zone classification change on 135.778 acres from Planned Unit Development (PUD) to Community Shopping Center (CSC) and Single Family Residential (SFR) at 3801 FM 528 (Tract 1: 123.2 acres from PUD to SFR; Tract 2: 3.197 acres from PUD to CSC; Tract 3: 9.4 acres from PUD to CSC)
5. Consideration and possible action regarding a commercial site plan for Corder’s Convenience Store at 1401 S. Friendswood Dr.
6. Consideration and possible action regarding proposed amendments to Appendix C – Zoning Ordinance Section 7.P. Permitted Use Table to change NAICS Use #6244 Child Day Care Services to NAICS Use #6244 Child Day Care Services (Child Care Center) and to add NAICS Use #6244 Child Day Care Services (Registered and Licensed Child Care Homes)
7. Consideration and possible action regarding proposed amendments to Appendix C – Zoning Ordinance Section 20. Definitions regarding changes to definition of G. Child Care Center and P. Home Occupation and adding definitions of Registered Child Care Home and Licensed Child Care Home
8. Consideration and possible action regarding future Planning and Zoning Commission meeting dates
9. Communications from the Commission
A. Council Liaison
Aubrey Harbin, LEED AP
This facility is wheelchair accessible and accessible parking spaces are available. Requests for accommodations or interpretative services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the City Secretary’s Office at (281) 996-3270 for further information.
I, Melinda Welsh, City Secretary of the City of Friendswood, do certify that the ABOVE NOTICE OF MEETING of the Friendswood Planning and Zoning Commission was posted in a place convenient to the general public in compliance with Chapter 551, Texas Government Code on the 11th day of October, 2013, at 8:30 A.M.
Melinda Welsh, City Secretary
All meetings of the Planning & Zoning Commission are open to the public, except when there is a necessity to meet in an Executive Session (closed to the public) under the provisions of Section 551, Texas Government Code. The Planning & Zoning Commission reserves the right to convene into Executive Session to hear any of the above described agenda items that qualifies for an executive session by publicly announcing the applicable section number of the Open Meetings Act.