|Date:||February 2, 2012|
NOTICE OF A REGULAR MEETING AND A SPECIAL MEETING OF THE CITY OF FRIENDSWOOD PLANNING AND ZONING COMMISSION, TO BE HELD THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 2, 2012, BEGINNING AT 7:00 PM, IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBERS OF CITY HALL, LOCATED AT 910 S. FRIENDSWOOD DRIVE, FRIENDSWOOD, TEXAS;
1. Call to order
2. Communication from the public/committee liaisons
(To comply with provisions of the Open Meetings Act, the Commission may not deliberate on subjects discussed under this agenda item. However, the Commission may direct such subjects be placed on a later regular Commission agenda for discussion and/or possible action.)
3. Consent Agenda:
A. Approval of minutes for the:
1) January 19, 2011 regular meeting
4. Consideration and possible action regarding commercial site plan for Kings Kids at 209 S. Friendswood Drive
5. Consideration and possible action regarding recommendations on adoption of vested rights ordinance
6. Discussion regarding current regulations for non-conforming structures and lots
7. Progress report from the sub-committee regarding Single Family Residential – Estate zoning
8. Consideration and possible action regarding future Planning and Zoning Commission meeting dates
9. Communications from the Commission
A. Council Liaison
WORK SESSION (2nd floor conference room immediately following regular meeting)
1. Call to order
2. Discussion regarding proposed Zoning Ordinance rewrite. The Commission reserves the right to meet in closed session with legal counsel, pursuant to 551.071 of the Texas Government Code, to discuss legal issues only relating to this proposed ordinance.
Mona Ann Miller, Planner
This facility is wheelchair accessible and accessible parking spaces are available. Requests for accommodations or interpretative services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the City Secretary’s Office at (281) 996-3270 for further information.
I, Melinda Welsh, City Secretary of the City of Friendswood, do certify that the ABOVE NOTICE OF MEETING of the Friendswood Planning and Zoning Commission was posted in a place convenient to the general public in compliance with Chapter 551, Texas Government Code on the 30th day of January, 2012 at 2:00 PM.
Melinda Welsh, City Secretary
All meetings of the Planning & Zoning Commission are open to the public, except when there is a necessity to meet in an Executive Session (closed to the public) under the provisions of Section 551, Texas Government Code. The Planning & Zoning Commission reserves the right to convene into Executive Session to hear any of the above described agenda items that qualifies for an executive session by publicly announcing the applicable section number of the Open Meetings Act.