Hello and Welcome to the City of Friendswood Human Resources.
Contact Information for HR:
William G. Bender, Deputy Director of Administrative Services-HR/RM (Human Resources & Risk Management) - (281) 996-3226
Catherine Almond, Benefits Specialist - (281) 996-3225
Norm Stuart III, Safety and RM Coordinator - (281) 996-3227
Alexandria Matamoros, HR Assistant - (281) 996-3238
All persons seeking employment with the City of Friendswood shall complete an employment application. Applications may be downloaded from the Job Listing page, picked up at City Hall or to request an application be mailed call (281) 996-3200.
The City has both part-time and full-time positions, as well as seasonal positions such as summer recreational jobs. The City also has many volunteer opportunities. To inquire about volunteering contact Community Services at (281) 996-3220.
The City of Friendswood is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- The City of Friendswood only accepts applications for vacant positions.
- Vacant position postings are located at the Reception Desk at City Hall and outside the rear door in the Bulletin Board.
- Any applicant receiving a bona fide job offer for a position will be required to undergo and pass a pre-employment physical examination, illegal drug screening and criminal background check prior to employment.
- All positions at the City of Friendswood require documentation of employment eligibility in accordance with Federal employment law. Communication skills in English are required for some specific assignments based upon job-related needs for communication with the general public and/or co-workers.
- Bilingual skills (Spanish/English) are encouraged, but not required.