Current notifications of planned water outages, road closures and any other information related to current construction affecting the citizens of Friendswood.
- WHISPERING PINES/FRIENDSWOOD LINK ROAD - Please be advised that on Thursday, January 29, 2015 at 4:00 P.M., the Contractor will be closing the intersection of Hibiscus Lane. This intersection closure shall take approximately 3 weeks depending upon weather conditions. Please follow the detour route at the following link Hibiscus Lane Closure.
!!!Please be further advised that the Speed Limit on Friendswood Link Road is 20 MPH from FM 518 (S. Friendswood Drive) to Blackhawk Boulevard. This is a construction zone and there will also be signs stating that fines double through the construction zone when workers are present!!!
The City will continue to keep residents updated on the City of Friendswood website and the City's e-mail notification system. If you have any questions or concerns please contact George Cherepes (City of Friendswood Project Manager) at (281) 996-3293.
- BAKER ROAD - will be closed to traffic on Friday, December 5th, 2014 beginning at 8:00 A.M. to finish paving the road. The road will be closed from FM 2351 and Iverness to the Ag Barn on Stonewall Pass. Agriculture Students will need to use the Falling Leaf route to gain entrance to the Ag Barn. Operations for paving could take upto 5:00 P.M. the same day, weather permitting.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact George Cherepes (City of Friendswood Project Manager) at (281) 996-3293.
Bids are Now Being Accepted for the following Project:
- Friendswood Public Library Additions and Renovations: The City of Friendswood is looking for Qualified Bidders to submit Bids for the "Friendswood Public Library Additions and Renovations", Bid No. 2015-01. The Bid Documents are available for download at the following link: Bid No. 2015-01. There will be a Mandatory Pre-Bid Conference in the Community Development Conference Room at City Hall, 910 S. Friendswood Drive, Friendswood, Texas at 2:00 P.M. on Tuesday, February 3rd, 2015. Bid's are due at the City Secretary's Office at City Hall, 910 S. Friendswood Drive, Friendswood, Texas by 2:00 P.M., Tuesday, February 17th, 2015. For more information please call the Project Manager George Cherepes at (281) 996-3293.
Capital Improvement, Subdivision, and Commercial projects in the City that are in different phases and being overseen by Project Managers.
Non Residential Sites Under Construction:
West Ranch Recreation Center #2 – Bob Anderson.
Dance Expressions – Bob Anderson.
Masa Sushi – Bob Anderson.
Corder's Convenience Store – George Cherepes.
Village on the Park – Brian Rouane.
HEB Parking Lot Expansion.
Office Building (old Egerton Clinic) Renovations.
Subdivisions Approved for Construction:
West Ranch West Lake Section 3, Project Manager – Bob Anderson.
West Ranch Lakeside Section, Project Manager – Bob Anderson.
Sierra at West Ranch Section 1, Project Manager – Bob Anderson.
West Ranch West Boulevard Phase 3 Street Dedication, Project Manager – Bob Anderson.
Clearwood Business Park.
Capital Projects Underway:
Library Expansion and Renovations – The proposed project will expand the existing facility and renovate the existing facility and add much needed parking The proposed 21,000 square foot building is under design and will begin construction in 2015. Projct is currently in the Bidding Phase. Project Manager – George Cherepes.
Water Plant #2 Replacement – The scope of this project is to replace the existing bolted galvanized tank with a new welded steel tank, new yard piping and pumps. Construction was started on March 24, 2014. Project Manager – Brian Rouane.
Water Plant #7 Replacement – The scope of this project is to replace the two existing bolted galvanized tank with a new concrete tank, new yard piping, pumps and a new natural gas emergency generator. Construction was started on March 24, 2014. Project Manager – George Cherepes.
- Lift Station #3 – The existing lift station has out lived its usefulness and needs to be upgraded. The existing site is also hard to access. The scope of the work is to install a new lift station on a newly purchased parcel of land, re-route the gravity sewer and force main lines. Project Manager – Brian Rouane.
Lift Station #18 – The existing lift station has out lived its usefulness and needs to be upgraded. he scope of the work is to install a new lift station, re-route the gravity sewer and force main lines. Project Manager – Brian Rouane.
- FM 2351 Median Landscape Improvements - A grant for upgrading the landscaping and irrigation on the medians of FM 2351 from Beamer Road to the Clear Creek bridge will begin in May 2014. Project Manager – George Cherepes.
SCADA System Upgrades Phase I – The existing SCADA system is out of date and parts for replacement is become hard, if near impossible, to find. A grant is allowing the City to upgrade the SCADA system for future expansion of the system.
Capital Improvement, Subdivision, and Commercial projects in the City that have been completed and are currently under a one-year maintenance warranty period.
- New Animal Control Facility.
- Fire Station #3 Renovations.
- Water Plant #5 Replacement.
- Melody Lane Reconstruction.
- TDRA Natural Gas Generators.
- Surface Water Plant #2 Phase 2 System Upgrades.
- Blackhawk Boulevard, Oak Vista Avenue and Wandering Trails Paving Improvements.
- Lift Station #6
- Black Hawk Traffic Signal
A list of upcoming projects for prospective bidders and information purposes for the citizens of Friendswood.
- Fire Station #4 Expansion and New Fire station at the Public Safety Building Site – the City has solicited a proposal from Joiner Partnership for the design of this project. This project will include the addition of over 1,700 SF to the existing Fire Station #4 and converting it to the new FVFD Headquarters. The new station at the Public Safety Building Site would be approximately 6,650 SF sub-station.
Sportspark Improvements – The City has solicited a proposal from Jamail & Smith for the design of this project. The scope of this project is to upgrade the lighting at the softball and multipurpose fields, add a new concession area, restroom facility, 2 new youth softball fields and expand the parking area.
Centennial Park Improvements – the City has solicited a proposal from HBL Architects for the design of a new Basketball Pavilion in Centennial Park.
Lake Friendswood – Initially, the City Council had approved for the installation of a perimeter fence. The passing of the Parks Bond and in conjunction with the City seeking a grant from the Texas Parks and Wildlife, the scope of the work has added a crushed concrete roadway and parking lot, dirt trails, ditch improvements, a restroom/pavilion, automatic gate and floating dock/fishing pier system.
Stevenson Park Improvements – the scope of the work would be the installation the Phase II and Phase III Splash Pad, improve the lighting at the Basketball and Tennis courts, and generally on the site. This project would also include the building of the bridge from Stevenson Park to Old City Park.
1776 Park Improvements – the scope of the work would be the installation a Dog Park, a Disc Golf Area, Walking Trails and other items to make this a better service park.
- Round 1 Streets – the scope of remove and replace portions of Mary Ann Drive, Shadowbend Avenue, Townes Road, Winding Drive, and Woodlawn Drive.
Contractors and Professional Services List
The City keeps a current email list for Contractors, Engineers, Architects, and other Professional Services for use on various City Projects. If your company would like to be included on these lists please fill out one of the following forms and FAX to (281) 996-3260