Current notifications of planned water outages, road closures and any other information related to current construction affecting the citizens of Friendswood.
- WHISPERING PINES AVENUE/FRIENDSWOOD LINK ROAD: - On Friday, October 30th, 2015, in the afternoon, the contractor will completely open Deepwood Drive, Timber Lane, Minglewood Lane, and Appleblossom Lane. The City will continue to keep residents updated on the City of Friendswood website and the City's e-mail notification system. If you have any questions or concerns please contact Rick Watkins (City of Friendswood Project Manager) at (281) 996-3292.
!!!Please be further advised that the Speed Limit on Friendswood Link Road is 20 MPH from FM 518 (S. Friendswood Drive) to Blackhawk Boulevard. This is a construction zone and there will also be signs stating that fines double through the construction zone when workers are present!!!
The City will continue to keep residents updated on the City of Friendswood website and the City's e-mail notification system. If you have any questions or concerns please contact Rick Watkins (City of Friendswood Project Manager) at (281) 996-3292.
Bids are Now Being Accepted for the following Project:
Accepted for the 2015 Emergency Generator Maintenace Program. See the details on the Publications page.
Capital Improvement, Subdivision, and Commercial projects in the City that are in different phases and being overseen by Project Managers.
Non Residential Sites Under Construction:
Townes Square – Tuan Nguyen.
Subdivisions Approved for Construction:
West Ranch Austin Chase Section 1, Project Manager – Tuan Nguyen.
West Ranch Arbor Gate Section 1, Project Manager – Tuan Nguyen.
West Ranch West Boulevard Phase 3 Street Dedication, Project Manager – Tuan Nguyen.
Clearwood Business Park, Project Manager - Rick Watkins.
Capital Projects Underway:
Library Expansion and Renovations – The proposed project will expand the existing facility and renovate the existing facility and add much needed parking The proposed 21,000 square foot building is under design and will begin construction in 2015. Projct is currently in the Bidding Phase. Project Manager – Rick Watkins.
Water Plant #2 Replacement – The scope of this project is to replace the existing bolted galvanized tank with a new welded steel tank, new yard piping and pumps. Construction was started on March 24, 2014. Project Manager – Rick Watkins.
Water Plant #7 Replacement – The scope of this project is to replace the two existing bolted galvanized tank with a new concrete tank, new yard piping, pumps and a new natural gas emergency generator. Construction was started on March 24, 2014. Project Manager – Rick Watkins.
- Lift Station #3 – The existing lift station has out lived its usefulness and needs to be upgraded. The existing site is also hard to access. The scope of the work is to install a new lift station on a newly purchased parcel of land, re-route the gravity sewer and force main lines. Project Manager – Tuan Nguyen.
Lift Station #18 – The existing lift station has out lived its usefulness and needs to be upgraded. he scope of the work is to install a new lift station, re-route the gravity sewer and force main lines. Project Manager – Tuan Nguyen.
SCADA System Upgrades Phase I – The existing SCADA system is out of date and parts for replacement is become hard, if near impossible, to find. A grant is allowing the City to upgrade the SCADA system for future expansion of the system. Project Manager – Tuan Nguyen.
Capital Improvement, Subdivision, and Commercial projects in the City that have been completed and are currently under a one-year maintenance warranty period.
- New Animal Control Facility.
- Fire Station #3 Renovations.
- Water Plant #5 Replacement.
- Melody Lane Reconstruction.
- TDRA Natural Gas Generators.
- Surface Water Plant #2 Phase 2 System Upgrades.
- Blackhawk Boulevard, Oak Vista Avenue and Wandering Trails Paving Improvements.
- Lift Station #6
- Black Hawk Traffic Signal
- Baker Road Rehabilitation
- FiM 2351 Median Irrigation
A list of upcoming projects for prospective bidders and information purposes for the citizens of Friendswood.
- Fire Station #4 Expansion and New Fire station at the Public Safety Building Site – the City has solicited a proposal from Joiner Partnership for the design of this project. This project will include the addition of over 1,700 SF to the existing Fire Station #4 and converting it to the new FVFD Headquarters. The new station at the Public Safety Building Site would be approximately 6,650 SF sub-station.
Sportspark Improvements – The City has solicited a proposal from Jamail & Smith for the design of this project. The scope of this project is to upgrade the lighting at the softball and multipurpose fields, add a new concession area, restroom facility, 2 new youth softball fields and expand the parking area.
Centennial Park Improvements – the City has solicited a proposal from HBL Architects for the design of a new Basketball Pavilion in Centennial Park.
Lake Friendswood – Initially, the City Council had approved for the installation of a perimeter fence. The passing of the Parks Bond and in conjunction with the City seeking a grant from the Texas Parks and Wildlife, the scope of the work has added a crushed concrete roadway and parking lot, dirt trails, ditch improvements, a restroom/pavilion, automatic gate and floating dock/fishing pier system.
Stevenson Park Improvements – the scope of the work would be the installation the Phase II and Phase III Splash Pad, improve the lighting at the Basketball and Tennis courts, and generally on the site. This project would also include the building of the bridge from Stevenson Park to Old City Park.
1776 Park Improvements – the scope of the work would be the installation a Dog Park, a Disc Golf Area, Walking Trails and other items to make this a better service park.
- Round 1 Streets – the scope of remove and replace portions of Mary Ann Drive, Shadowbend Avenue, Townes Road, Winding Drive, and Woodlawn Drive.
Contractors and Professional Services List
The City keeps a current email list for Contractors, Engineers, Architects, and other Professional Services for use on various City Projects. If your company would like to be included on these lists please fill out one of the following forms and FAX to (281) 996-3260