Boards, Committees, &Commissions
It is the desire and intent of City Council to encourage and support citizen participation in an advisory capacity governing the affairs of the City. Service through membership on a board, commission, or committee is a valued, important opportunity for participation in an advisory capacity. To these ends, this policy sets out an orderly process for citizens interested in serving as members of a city board, commission, or committee and for the City Council to oversee appointments.
The Mayor of the City of Friendswood has the authority under the City Charter to appoint special committees as he/she deems advisable and as instructed by the Council (City Charter Section 3.05). Special committees established for these specific purposes are usually of limited duration. The Council may apply these policies and procedures to special committees as deemed necessary.
- Planning and Zoning Commission
- Zoning Board of Adjustment & Appeals
- Construction Board of Adjustment and Appeals
- Friendswood Public Library Advisory Board
- Community and Economic Development Committee
- Investment Committee
- Fourth of July Steering Committee
- Keep Friendswood Beautiful
- Parks and Recreation Advisory Board
- Senior Citizen Advisory Committee
- Charter Review Commission